FWB.Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FWB.Net

A Community Forum for Free Will Baptist and others who hold to Arminian beliefs and views.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Church - Any Help Appreciated

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DeaconPower

New Church - Any Help Appreciated Empty
PostSubject: New Church - Any Help Appreciated   New Church - Any Help Appreciated Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 6:56 am

Hello Everyone,
I'm a preacher at a small FWB church in rural East Tn. I'm not the pastor. Our church was established about 2 years ago in October. In that time, we have went from meeting in people's living rooms (approx. 20 people) to renting a very small building. We currently have an average attendence of about 70 people on Sunday mornings. Our little building is at capacity. We're currently under contract to buy a small house on over an acre of land. We plan to have church and Sunday school in the house until we can build a sanctuary and then we'll use the house as a fellowship hall. This post has several purposes.
1) Has anyone here been involved in starting and building a new church - any advise would be appreciated.
2) I'm asking for the prayers of fellow believers. We have a great work in front of us and we'll need all the help that we can get.
3) We don't have a huge amount of money - any fundraising ideas?
Thanks so much for any help, suggestions, or ideas.
Kind Regards
Back to top Go down
Worder

New Church - Any Help Appreciated Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Church - Any Help Appreciated   New Church - Any Help Appreciated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:36 pm

I, too, live in East Tn and I am starting a new Free Will Baptist church. I will meet with interested people in the next week or so and hope to start services soon. God bless your work! Pray for us as well.
Back to top Go down

New Church - Any Help Appreciated
Page 1 of 1