FWB.Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FWB.Net

A Community Forum for Free Will Baptist and others who hold to Arminian beliefs and views.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greetings from a Southern Baptist Pastor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
matt633

Greetings from a Southern Baptist Pastor Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from a Southern Baptist Pastor   Greetings from a Southern Baptist Pastor Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:08 pm

Hello,

I was saved in a Free Will Baptist Church 17 years ago. I have been preaching for 15 years. I made the transition to SBC about a year ago.

I have attended Southeastern and now am currently enrolled at Liberty University. My ultimate goal is a doctorate in philosophy and apologetics.

I enjoy dialogue. Few things have been more enlightening to me than debate. I enjoy testing my ideas against opposing view points and am more than willing to adjust my own view point if a more logical one is presented.

I do find that some do not enjoy dialogue. Some seem to lack the constitution to bear their ideas being critiqued or challenged in any way. This saddens me. I find great truth in Socrates' statement- "The unexamined life is not worth living."

I humbly enter this forum to examine my own philosophy and theology in hopes that the exchange of ideas, especially opposing ones, will make us all better able to "give an answer to him that asks a reason of the hope that lies within us with meekness and fear."
Back to top Go down

Greetings from a Southern Baptist Pastor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FWB.Net :: Welcome to the new FWB.Net :: Introductions-
Jump to: